XP Snapshot on Vista?

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by SourMilk, Jan 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. janger

janger Registered Member

I wish I could do some more testing with this. Unfortunately I don't have a full version of Vista as it came pre-installed on my laptop.

However, just a thought, these errors I mentioned wouldn't be caused by Comodo would they? I'm still running the previous version which could give a BSOD after doing a chkdsk at boot time. I doubt that's the case. But I'm pretty sure updating and copying snapshots worked without a hitch before I had installed Comodo.

Whatever the case, more testing is definitely needed. I would really hate for the best version (build 205) of FDISR to be useless in the near future.

2. estervantes

estervantes Registered Member

I also had troubles trying to install XP on Vista. Got XP installed once but upon reboot things went awry and I had to uninstall the XP snapshot. With each subsequent attempt I was prevented from installing XP by the installer insistence that I had to format the partition because of errors. Of course, I couldn't do that. I gave up any further attempts to install XP on Vista this way.

If possible, I think the best solution would be to uninstall Vista and install XP and then import an archive of one of my current Vista snapshots into an empty snapshot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.