xp service pack 2 and os selector

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by rick299, Aug 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rick299

rick299 Registered Member

I installed xp home with os selector and now when I try and upgrade xp home with service pack 2 it won't install saying another program has ntldr open. Does anyone know a work around?

2. Batfink

Batfink Registered Member

Try deactivating, or if that doesnt work, uninstalling OS Selector, then install SP2, and reinstall OSS... SP2 updates a lot of core system files, which may be in use by OSS, and cannot be replaced.

3. rick299

rick299 Registered Member

I had concidered that, but the problem arises that the xp I want to upgrade is the only os that does not show up that I can default boot to if I deactivate or uninstall. It does show up in the boot menu when it is active, and boots up fine.

4. Batfink

Batfink Registered Member

Can you not uninstall OSS, and use the version on the recovery CD to boot into it.. then installs SP2... it does sound odd that it is not selectable when you uninstall OSS... how was this OS setup, is it sharing a boot partition with another OS or somethingo_O?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.