XP Security Centre warning

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Biscuit, Apr 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Biscuit

Biscuit Registered Member

I saw a red security centre warning today on a customer's pc. It claimed that Nod32 was out of date, however on checking it was right up to date & had sig file 2201. I "fixed" the red error by turning off the Security centre.

The event log read (UK time format):
    This was after an update today (18/04/07)! Both the computer & server are displaying the correct date/time & none of the other 10 workstations are showing the error.

System: SBS2003 Premium & XP Pro workstations running Nod32 2.7 Enterprise, Nod32 RAS & RAC running on the server.

Has anyone else seen this?

Last edited: Apr 18, 2007
  2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

3. Biscuit

Thanks, that's a good tweak.

I have a feeling though that this is Nod's fault because of the incorrect date in the event log. I think the security centre just looked at the last update date & threw an alarm...?

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

But NOD get the data for its log from the computer ... Check Windows's date again

5. Biscuit

I checked it twice Mr Hi-tech!

Both the computer & server are set to the correct date & time & are in the correct time-zone. o_O

6. ASpace

ASpace Guest

:ninja:

If you insist on the fact they are correct , then you can try reinstalling NOD to see how it would act after that . I have never had such problem , if the system date/time is correct , NOD is correct , too . If system date is incorrect , NOD gets them and it is incorrect , too .

7. Biscuit

Thanks for your reply

I don't think the problem looks serious enough to reinstall Nod, I was sort of hoping that someone else had seen the same issue. :blink:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.