XP Security Centre warning

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Biscuit, Apr 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Biscuit

Biscuit Registered Member

I saw a red security centre warning today on a customer's pc. It claimed that Nod32 was out of date, however on checking it was right up to date & had sig file 2201. I "fixed" the red error by turning off the Security centre.

The event log read (UK time format):
    This was after an update today (18/04/07)! Both the computer & server are displaying the correct date/time & none of the other 10 workstations are showing the error.

System: SBS2003 Premium & XP Pro workstations running Nod32 2.7 Enterprise, Nod32 RAS & RAC running on the server.

Has anyone else seen this?

Last edited: Apr 18, 2007
  2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

3. Biscuit

Thanks, that's a good tweak.

I have a feeling though that this is Nod's fault because of the incorrect date in the event log. I think the security centre just looked at the last update date & threw an alarm...?

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

But NOD get the data for its log from the computer ... Check Windows's date again

5. Biscuit

I checked it twice Mr Hi-tech!

Both the computer & server are set to the correct date & time & are in the correct time-zone. o_O

6. ASpace

ASpace Guest

:ninja:

If you insist on the fact they are correct , then you can try reinstalling NOD to see how it would act after that . I have never had such problem , if the system date/time is correct , NOD is correct , too . If system date is incorrect , NOD gets them and it is incorrect , too .

7. Biscuit

Thanks for your reply

I don't think the problem looks serious enough to reinstall Nod, I was sort of hoping that someone else had seen the same issue. :blink:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.