XP Recovery CD Maker

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Perman, Dec 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, folks: A friend of mine recommended it to me the other day. It is from superwin.com I did some search and it appears to me that this maker can create a bootable CD, when O/S goes down, just pop it into cd drive, start pc and fix the problems. Cool. But is it true to the teeth. Any advice/info? Thanks.:rolleyes:

2. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hello,

There are many ways of making bootable rescue CDs, Windows and Linux. Both will work well with PCs. If you're interested, I could point you to some links.

Never heard of what you refer to, a link would be nice.

Mrk

3. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

u can customize your own rescue cd for free if u want. the program XP Recovery CD Maker simply uses BartPE, which can be found here.

4. Perman

Perman Registered Member

5. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hello,

In addition to WSFuser's link, you can try Ultimate Boot CD for Windows, which is based on BartPE, but contains tons of goodies right from start, including the stuff you asked for.

http://www.ubcd4win.com/

Mrk

6. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, folks: hi Mrk, thanks for the link and info. It will take me a good part of weekend to go thru it. Thanks again.:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.