XP OS: MXDisk.sys Error Bluescreen?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by mercurie, Jan 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

Fellow Creatures,
    Last night just before I turned in, my Compaq Presario OutPost Pro asked if I wanted to allow Java to get update, now few weeks back my Emachine got the same message. Loaded and installed just fine no problems. Active X plugins I think.

But last night loaded and clicked install BOOM Blue screen instantly. Here is a portion of what it said: "MxDisk.sys page_fault_in nonpage_area" it gave addresses all kinds of code and said if first time restart if continued... BIOS... shadow something or other and Cach... It did tell me to uninstall problem hardware or software. Sorry I am not that technical plain english please. I rebooted same crap. Got to Safemode: then restore one day back, still nothing.. reboot again. This time I could get all the way to log in and then Blue screen after one second more code less way more zero's in it this time. Back to safemode, alright let me find this file... I think I know which it is. I think this is it delete. Empty Recycle. Reboot. Very slow reboot, got my system back. Question: what happened and should I do anything else. Oh by the way it still wanted to install something CANCEL :mad:

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Sounds like a video driver problem. Can you update the video driver from the Compaq site or is there a knowledge base there?
    If that happened to me, that is where I would look first.

Have you looked or can you look in the event viewer for errors?

3. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

Do you happen to have ontracks system suite from VCOM on your comp. it is known to cause the problem. The mxdisk is the drivers for system suite for VCOM

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 11, 2005
  4. bigc73542

you might try this it has been know that when doing updates you will get the BSOD and the error info .

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 11, 2005
  5. mercurie

Holy smoke BigC it's like you were here looking over my shoulder when it happened :eek: . Thanks, I will reread your fix suggestion posts closely check it out and get back with you I may have a few questions. Been thinking about doing away with Intelicluster. Yes, I do believe it is set. Does this really work better then regular win. defrag or is this just VCOM hype. I understand VCOM's concept. It is certainly not worth this problem. Thanks for remembering I had this. You may have had to do a little looking if you did not remember. :) Thanks for the effort.

Creature Ronjor, that was my first thought something is out of date hardware wise. But I think BigC may have nailed this one. :)

6. bigc73542

I had an earlier version the system suite and the defrag utility was to slow for me. I now use diskeeper lite "free" and it is lightning fast and very lite on my system and will pop up a notification when The disc needs defraging, usually takes about between 5/8 minutes.

bigc

7. mercurie

My version is 4. That component just does not really impress me. I did not know how my system would react to not using it and switching to something else sounds lkie it went o. k. for you. Maybe I will take a look at what you are using.

I think my place of Employment used the pay one of Diskkeeper.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2005
  8. bigc73542

you can get diskeeper lite here

9. mercurie

Thanks BigC always such a big help to many. :) ;)

10. mercurie

BigC,
    I did a JetDefrag it was only 3% but it has been a long time, so I did defrag anyway. unchecked Intelicluster and o.k.ed then just for the heck of it did a Regist. defrag and of course rebooted as instructed got to Windows splash...then Blue screen with error message....sorry for not copying message it was not the same lots more zero's and not specific in it's code as to what maybe causing problems. Tried a few things in safemode including deleting most Active X in case of corruption. To make a long story short I decided to do one last thing before rolling back to Jan. 4 preinstall of AVG and Out Post. I Uninstall Out Post based on: Hayc59 Out Post 2.5 Build 375/374 in firewall forum. You may wish to take a look will save duplicate typing and/or paste space here. AVG seems fine.

:eek: Got my system back again :( Wow do you think Out Post is a problem?

You had to be right above because the error message was exact earlier but not tonight :doubt:

11. bigc73542

It is possible that op is not compatable with something on your comp. not sure what it could be but if your sys runs good without it I think I would be looking for another firewall.

bigc

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.