XP in a login loop

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by the_tango, Jan 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the_tango

the_tango Registered Member

I made an image of a pc - put that image on another exact type of machine - Now the login just keeps looping when I put in the username and passwork (I know the username & password are correct).

Ver 6

Help - Thanks

2. Reo

Reo Registered Member

3. Zintar

Zintar Guest

Are you positive that it's exactly the same? With all the same options, peripherals etc.? If possibly not, a repair install should fix up the drivers for the new machine.

4. the_tango

The new PC is exactly the same. I have a PC setup with all the apps, settings, tweaks, ect that I want. the new PC is exactly the same with the exception that the harddrive has different partition sizes. When I put the image on the new PC I chose to change the new drive to match the old partition size, and leave the remaining unpartioned.

When the new PC did the first boot after the image install the OS went thru the screen showing the partition being changed to NTFS.

I will try a OS install on top of the new image.

will report progress - Thanks

5. the_tango

Did a XP-pro install on top of the new drive. I can now get into the system.

But when I look at the layout of the drive I was a bit suprized.
    C: - 3.3mb
    D: - 97.65mb
    Unallocated - 27.14

The OS is on a partition (D:)

Whats up? I wanted C: drive to be around 100mb and D: drive to be around 30mb.
    Think I may wipe out everything and give it a try again.

TIA

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello the_tango,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

As I understood you use Acronis True Image 6.0. Please note that this version is not supported nowadays and the latest build of it is 350.

However, the login problem is described in Microsoft Knowledge Base and you may try to search for its resolution there.

Thank you.

--
    Andrew Berezovsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.