XP Image will not restore or verify

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by StephenDay, Oct 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StephenDay

StephenDay Registered Member

Hi

I have imaged (using ATI 7) an XP partition and now it will not restore or verify. I have many images and all seen fine except this one. It is the biggest at 12 GB, made up of 20 files (split at 635 MB as other posts suggested). It is stored on a USB hard disk, as are the others.

When I try to restore or verify, all starts off fine with estimates of towards an hour. But suddenly I check the status and the process has simply gone away. It leaves no info in the logging system.

It will "explore" OK though.

Any ideas on what's wrong ? Is it just corrupted ?

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello Stephen

A bit off topic but why split the image into 635MB chunks if you are storing the image on the USB HD? The 635MB file size is only required if you intend to subsequently burn the image to Standard CD (maximum capacity of 650MB) or ISO 9660 DVD (economical use of DVD capacity) using the two-step method detailed in the Acronis FAQ or User's Manual. Reason for the 635MB rather than 650MB is that 1MB in Acronis speak is 1024 kilobytes. Therefore 650MB will equate to 665600 kilobytes in Windows speak, which could cause a problem for some CDs/burners/software.

Regards

3. StephenDay

StephenDay Registered Member

The reason for the 635mb is so I can backup the image to DVDs. I've lost mirrored hard drives before which is why I don't trust any hard drive and just won't sleep easy unless I have at least 2 copies on different media - one of which is NOT magnetic !

4. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Aah, now it's clear! Agree entirely with your reasoning and I too keep a second backup on DVD (rewriteable).

Regards

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello StephenDay,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/products/trueimage/).

We are really sorry for the inconveniences.

If you don't receive any message about how the check process ends there is no reason to believe that the image is corrupted. Please contact support@acronis.com regarding this problem.

Thank you.

--
    Best regards,
    Andrew Berezovsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.