XP CD Won't Boot

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by mata7, Apr 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mata7

mata7 Registered Member

I want to reinstall Windows but when I insert My original XP CD and press "any key to continue", the screen goes black, Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can get this XP CD to boot? I've made 4 copy on diferent CD-R to see if this fix the problem and keep getting to the black screen, they work fine on my laptop and on my friend PC

thanks in advance

2. pugmug

pugmug Registered Member

Had that problem before.Turned out to be a bad stick of memory in my case.

3. mata7

mata7 Registered Member

thanks, just to be sure i test my memory one be one and nothing, plus if would be the memory i think it wont boot the vista dvd also

anyways thanks

4. Seer

Seer Registered Member

A very strange behavior there mata7. I had a DVD-burner which died on me a few months ago. But it didn't died suddenly, first it refused to write regular CDs, and after a few days to read them as well. DVD functionality was not affected. Then, at some point the DVD burning feature disappeared also and I was left with only DVD reading available. Luckily, I had my warranty valid...
    Check if everything is OK with the drive (reading, copying, burning), as I don't really see what else could be wrong...

5. mata7

mata7 Registered Member

i know im going crazy here :), I check that already, I burn a cd and DVD of xp pro, plus I have 2 DVD burn and I got the same problem on both of then, I found really hard to believe that both of the drive have the same problem, anyway I will go and buy one at best buy to try it, 30 days to return back and get my money so how cares

thanks

6. Rilla927

Rilla927 Registered Member

Is it set to boot from CD in the bios configuration boot options?

7. mata7

mata7 Registered Member

yes it is

8. strangequark

strangequark Registered Member

I've run into the same problem The Seer mentioned with a CD drive that performed really strangely before it died completely, it was fine with most CD's but took a bizarre dislike to others and refused to read them. I was convinced that some of my CD's were corrupted as it was always the same ones, but turned out to be the drive in the end.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.