XP AutoPlay opens one flash drive but not another

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by allizomeniz, Jan 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. allizomeniz

allizomeniz Registered Member

Surprise surprise, AutoPlay's not working in XP again. :D Here's what I know so far:

Sandisk Cruzer Glide flash drive. It opens fine on one XP machine but not on the other. When I plug it in, the computer makes the sound that lets you know it's connected, then an hourglass appears briefly like it's tryng to open but then nothing. It shows up in My Computer so the machine appears to be finding it, it just won't auto open. When I plug in my Sandisk Cruzer Mini it opens though.

I have TweakUI installed so I made sure AutoPlay was enabled on the drive, "F" in this case, and that it was enabled for removable drives.

I double checked the AutoPlay tab in the drive properties to make sure all the options were set to the proper action, which they were (Open folder to view files for all types). I even put a .jpg image directly in the main window of the device to see if AutoPlay would detect it, but still nothing.

Anyone have any ideas about what could be causing this? o_O

2. allizomeniz

allizomeniz Registered Member

Well, I resolved this by reformatting the flash drive to NTFS. It seems to work more consistently on all systems. It eats up more drive space though. :'(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.