Xmon not stamping emails

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by 1410, Jun 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1410

1410 Registered Member

SBS2003 R2. Nod enterprise ed. with xmon.

when i opened xmon i see there are no setup or scan tabs, it's blank below the info window, but it is scanning incoming mail. Then, suddenly there was an upgrade message, I said yes and server reboots, now I have what was missing. But still there is no NOD stamp on outgoing emails.

What could be the problem?

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

XMON does not add any text to scanned email because MS Exchange passes text bodies and attachments to XMON for scanning separately.

3. 1410

1410 Registered Member

any idea why my email clients are showing NOD tags when emails are sent out?

4. Marcos

The only explanation is that MS Outlook passes outgoing email to EMON for a check via MAPI before the email is sent out.

5. 1410

1410 Registered Member

im not following. MAPI allows Outlook to send to and receive mail from Exchange. Have I missed something in your post?

6. 1410

1410 Registered Member

if it is passing mail through emon (which I thought was supposed to happen) and this is part of the problem, could you explain why this is and what I can do about it.

7. 1410

1410 Registered Member

<<<<E-mail Monitor (EMON)
    An auxiliary module for scanning incoming/outgoing e-mails via the MAPI interface, such as Microsoft Outlook Microsoft Exchange.>>>

8. ASpace

ASpace Guest

From posts 3 and 5 , do one understand that you want no tags on your emails that they have been checked by NOD32 ?

If so , you should change the default configuration for EMON , like shown in the attached pictures you must choose not to set tags . What is seen can also be found in the Configuration editor for EE

Attached Files:

9. Marcos

Emails are tagged only by IMON or EMON. Since IMON does not check outgoing email, it must be EMON that adds tags to the email.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.