xml update command line

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Mister Iks, Oct 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mister Iks

Mister Iks Guest

Is there a commandline which can be started on the client to update the settings with an XML file?

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

No, you can either specify an xml file in the mirror setup, or name it nod32.xml and put it to the installation folder before you begin installing NOD32.

3. mister iks

mister iks Guest

thx for your reply,

is there a way to update a client with an xml file if the client is already installed on the workstation.
    We have the remote administrator console, but we want to use RES WISDOM to update and install our clients.

4. anotherjack

anotherjack Registered Member

Not familiar with RES WISDOM, but why would you want to use something else, when that functionality is built into the version of NOD that you already have? It's quite easy to do what you want to do with the administrator's version of NOD.

Jack

5. alglove

alglove Registered Member

My guess is that they already use RES WISDOM to manage other program installations, and they would like to keep everything consistent, as opposed to learning and maintaining another remote installation program. I agree that the NOD32 Remote Administrator is quite capable of handling this on its own, though.

Looking over on this thread, https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=101298 , you will see that "pc-support" knows how to extract much of this information from the registry (see post #5). My guess is that he is looking at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Eset . Perhaps you could extract this information from the registry and use it with RES WISDOM, instead of the XML files?

6. anotherjack

anotherjack Registered Member

I can understand that - we use WinInstall for deployments here (including NOD), but I still go to the NOD console for config changes. Given a choice, I prefer to use a "native" tool to talk to something as fundamentally embedded as an AV product. I'd hate to have gotten a nasty because I missed a reg key somewhere. Not that we don't go tromping through the registry on a regular basis around here for other things... :D

It all comes down to what one is most comfortable with, I guess.

Jack

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.