Xerobank with P2P software

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by axle00, Jul 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. axle00

axle00 Registered Member

Hi everyone

I'm a new Xerobank user and mostly happy with it, but I'm having a problem using it with p2p networks like bittorrent. The problem is that I have no incoming connections which is slowing down my download speeds.

I guess this is because I'm behind Xerobank's routers? Is there any ports that I can open on my router to correct this problem?

thanks

2. SteveTX

SteveTX Registered Member

This happens because Upnp can't traverse the firewall routing. The result is that you get fast downloads but you can't seed torrents. This is an important issue for commercial anonymity, because it keeps routers from getting shut down by anonymous seeding. The cost is asymmetric transfer and its consequences, which can slow down seeding, but at the benefit that nobody gets hassled and you retain broadband speed downloads.

3. axle00

axle00 Registered Member

Hey thanks for the reply.

I have gotten as high as about 85KB/s, but I'm only averaging around 25-40KB/s, (and that's on torrents with several hundred seeds) which is ok, but nowhere near the 600KB/s+ I've had before.

I guess there's nothing I can do about this?

edit: Oh I lied, I just hit 120KB/s :)

4. SteveTX

SteveTX Registered Member

It's all to do with routing and traffic clarity. I get 2Mbps of torrents sometimes, over wireless over cablemodem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.