Xerobank vs. security (software)

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by Fly, May 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fly

Fly Registered Member

I wonder if Steve or someone else could give a few pointers about the use of security software in combination with the Xerobank service.

Most security software phones home, and data collection by security software is very common these days. If your AV phones home and reports what websites you've been visiting and what you have been doing, it goes against the idea and purpose of Xerobank IMO. I also don't know how AVs and other security software interact with Xerobank.

Last edited: May 9, 2009
  2. LockBox

LockBox Registered Member

Do you know of any legitimate antivirus applications that phone home with all the websites you visit?

3. Fly

Fly Registered Member

Define 'legitimate'.

Depending on the AV, at least some data are gathered. What's in the privacy policy/statement is not necessarily what they practice.

I don't want to go into the particulars, but I've SEEN ads that were dependent on the McAfee software installed on my computer at the time. McAfee have reworded their privacy policy, it doesn't look as bad as it used to in the past.

I won't try to prove something here, it's just an issue of concern.

4. LockBox

LockBox Registered Member

Forget "legitimate" - do you know of any AV that sends home your visted websites? No company could stay in business a week if that were ever discovered - they would be toast.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.