Xerobank and Vista64 problems

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by fwwefaw, Jul 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fwwefaw

fwwefaw Registered Member

I just subscribed to and installed Xerobank.

VPN software is running but it can't connect to any networks because it is missing TAP-Win32 adapter.

I ran the suggested Vista64 patch file. It runs and a window appears and dissapears so quickly I have no idea what took place. I tried running it as administrator- same result.

In any case, I tried closing and running the VPN software. Still unable to connect and no adapter error again.

Won't connect to Netherlands, Canada, or Best Effort (only options listed).

I've submitted form for tech support. I have no idea if the form was accepted or not as after submit the form goes back to blank state (no confirmation that submission was received). I also did not receive a reply in my email either.

Which brings me to another point. Supposedly, after setting up your email account you get a bunch of emails to help you get oriented with the software. No emails arrived.

Also, none of the links to manuals work. They all time out when clicked on.

So far, a rather frustrating experience.

2. SteveTX

SteveTX Registered Member

I've written an additional batch to manually add tap drivers for x64. It goes in your App\bin directory.

Code:
    TapManager.exe /file=tap64install.exe /action=install /inf=..\driver\x64\OemWin2k.inf /driver=tap0901

3. fwwefaw

fwwefaw Registered Member

Hi...

I ran that directive from a cmd prompt in admin mode.

Nothing seems to happen. The cursor just jumps to a new line instantly.

I rebooted the computer just in case. No dice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.