x64 support ETA?

Discussion in 'NTFS for Mac & ExtFS for Mac' started by nosmokingbandit, Oct 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nosmokingbandit

nosmokingbandit Registered Member

Im using Snow Leopard and im wondering if theres a projected date for x64 compatibility.

Thanks.

2. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

Unfortunately, I have no word from development about this yet.

3. alexofindy

alexofindy Registered Member

What does lack of 64 bit compatibility mean?

I have a Mac Pro, which uses the 64-bit version of Snow Leopard. However, by default, it uses the 32 bit MacOS kernel. As I understand it, this true for all Mac Pro's - they use 64 bit programs (the Finder, for example I think is 64 bit), but stick with the 32 bit kernel. Thus, 32 bit kernel extensions should be compatible.

So.....

Will the current version of NTFS for Mac work?

As an aside, I note that I similar issue occurs with Parallels Desktop for Mac - it is NOT camptible with the 64 bit kernel, but runs fine on my system because, like all Mac Pros, I use the 32 bit kernel.

Thanks!

4. Paragon_Phil

Paragon_Phil Paragon Staff

By default, Snow Leopard boots into a 32-bit kernel, where you can use the Snow Leopard compatible Version of Paragon NTFS for Mac.

If you hold down the '6' and '4' keys when the Mac starts up, you boot into 64-bit Mode. Paragon NTFS for Mac will not work in this mode, and may crash.

There is no release date yet, but we will keep you informed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.