x264.exe - false alarm - a way to exclude a file at all times?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by bernd22, Dec 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bernd22

bernd22 Registered Member

Hello,

I recently upgraded from v2 to v3. Everything has worked out fine, until today NOD32 has caused a false alarm and moved a file to quarantine.
    I was running an encoding program called x264(.exe). It writes a file to the harddrive (statsfile called x264_2pass.log.temp) and when it's done it will rename x264_2pass.log.temp to x264_2pass.log. This is when NOD32 kicked in and moved this file to quarantine. Of course my encoding was goofed, and I had to manually restart it after restoring the quarantined stats-file.

Is there a way to exclude .stats files from the Real-time file system protection/scanner? Not just in a specific dir, but on ALL dirs on ALL drives (I might start another encode running from another directory next time; and I dont want to exclude the .stats file for each time I am starting an encode).

Hopefully there is a solution to this. I look forward of hearing your answers.

Log: Real-time file system protection file C:\xxx\x264_2pass.log.temp - probably a variant of JS/TrojanDownloader.Cobase.B trojan -cleaned by deleting - quarantined NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM - Event occurred on a new file created by the application: x:\x264\x264.exe.

Regards,
    bernd22

edit: added log

Last edited: Dec 18, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.