X.CO now requires sign in, is there something similar that doesn't?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by acr1965, Jun 13, 2015.

1. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

I liked x.co for link shortening but now it requires a person sign in, create profile, blah, blah, blah. Anyway I would like to use a link shortener I can add a shortcut/script to my favorites bar to quickly shorten links. X.CO had this and it looks like tinyurl has one as well (so for now it's tiny for me). Is there any other link shortener that has this sort of script to add to my favorites bar and not require sign in, account creation?

There was a short discussion a couple years ago on here which I read but am now checking for updated info.
    Thanks

EDIT - I now see v.gd and is.gd look really good. But is there a script somewhere to create a v.gd or is.gd likn of the page I am currently viewing? I'd like to add one to my favorites bar in Chrome.
    Thanks

EDIT 2 - I found a chrome extension for is.gd and will try it for a while. I'm not sure it is actually made from the same company though. But it seems to do the job for now.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2015
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.