x-cleaner

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by tom772, Jul 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tom772

tom772 Guest

i've recently come across a program called x-cleaner by this site:

http://www.xblock.com/

i seen some threads at wilders about this program, some good, some not so good! I was just wondering is it worth dowenl;oading and using or best to stay away from this, would really like to know about this?

once again thank you for your posts,

Tom(this site rocks);)

2. tigershark

tigershark Guest

X-Cleaner is a safe and good anti-spyware program to use. I use the free version myself and it's a nice little app. Though it can have a few false positives from time to time, what AS doesn't.

It's not the best anti-spyware program available, but is still a useful addition IMO. Both the free and pay versions will do a lot more than scan for spyware, so they are useful for other things too.

Here's where you can get the free version if your interested http://www.xblock.com/download-freeware.shtml it seems to update about once every month or so. The payware version has a few more features and is better overall (updates more often too), but the free version is not bad at all either, and still has some of the other features enabled besides spyware scanning.

Hth.

3. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

That's an awfully HIGH price - I don't see how it can be much more beneficial than the existing freeware solutions either.

4. ----

Of course it's overpriced. I've heard that this company is spamming forums for praising this software using anonymous guest posters.

5. Rico

Rico Registered Member

Hi Tom,

You should check out, "Am I Protected?" without the quotes. Blackspear offers up some, very interesting ideas for, very good protection.

take care
    rico

6. Tom772

Tom772 Guest

Rico please would post the tread easier to find! Sorry, thanx:) cheers for your help by the way,

T

7. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Here is the thread and here is Blackspear's post.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.