Wuzzup from BugBopper: What do you think of it?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by sg09, May 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BugBopperGuy

BugBopperGuy Registered Member

No, we will charge for BugBopper. Wuzzup is free, and just detects. BugBopper will be inexpensive, and will detect, quarantine/remove, and restore from quarantine.

- David

2. BugBopperGuy

Wuzzup and BugBopper retrieve their detection database when they are first installed, update it during each run, and finalize their updates at the end of each run. You won't need to manually download anything once the products are installed.

3. smith2006

smith2006 Registered Member

$49.95 for a year?

Thanks.

4. BugBopperGuy

:D There are many considerations that go into software pricing, none of which ever reflect the cost of developing that software.

Our considerations:
    • The price must seem fair to buyers. That means that BugBopper will need to sell for less than kitchen sink anti-virus products with lots of doodads.
    • The price must have room to grow, as doodads are added. We have ideas for lots of doodads.
    • The price must not be so low that it suggests the product isn't very good. Buyers often assume that "you get what you pay for".
    • BugBopper is very, very good, but the world doesn't know it yet, and people also pay for reputation.

We've been thinking of offering BugBopper at $39.95, but beginning with a deep discount, charging $24.95 initially.

What do you think of the proposed pricing? What would you recommend?

5. dr pan k

dr pan k Registered Member

maybe its a bit too much, considering that some famous av progs cost around 40 to 50 $ per year for an entire suite.
    1 year of hitman pro costs 20 $ and maybe that should be the price to look at.

6. buckslayr

buckslayr Registered Member

Development does cost money. If sales don't cover costs and allow for further development the product goes away. That being said, money is still tight today. A price of $24.95 with a reduced cost for additional licenses might be in order.

7. smith2006

Hello David,

Thanks for the reply.

The reason I am asking is because I saw $49.95 listed on your website.

$24.95 seems reasonably (Of course from the consumer's viewpoint, the lower the better :D ), it is within what your competitor is offering.

Most importantly BugBopper must prove its mettle.

Cheers

8. andyman35

andyman35 Registered Member

Although I understand that you need to generate sufficient revenue,I feel that you should look to keeping below $20,given competing products such as Hitman Pro;at least until the brand is established.

Also I'm not so sure the name 'Bugbopper' gives the right impression of a serious security product,it seems a touch flippant to me.

9. BugBopperGuy

Thanks for this advice. We've responded, and come up with some very low prices. I'll let this forum know when we begin shipping.

- David

10. smith2006

No problem. :D

Other than one year license for BugBopper, perhaps you may want to consider adding a shorter term license (for example: one month) at a lower price?

This will benefit the user
    1) who need it solely for cleaning up an infected machine
    2) who want to test out its cleaning capabilities (I don't think there will be a trial version of BugBopper) but doesn't want to pay for a full one year license yet.

It also provides another revenue stream.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2010
  11. kjdemuth

kjdemuth Registered Member

How about not using an AV at all. Maybe something like defensewall with virtual or even non executable w/ firewall/hips.

12. BugBopperGuy

Yes, I think this might be a good idea. But our prices for a year are going to be very, very low, and I think nobody will need for them to be lower. Please do let me know what you thinkg after we announce.

Thanks.

- David

13. sg09

sg09 Registered Member

Good news.. Thanks David..

14. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

I hope your product goes well. But it would seem the products that have been able to break through the last few years are the specialty ones- anti-keyloggers, antibot, anti something special or another. Not that my opinion means anything, but if I were to try to have a product in development I would try to analyze and predict what the upcoming "next big thing" in security is going to be and advertise as a specialty product just for that. If the product covered other areas that would be great too.

I think MBAM had a huge boost in popularity as they were able to remove the rogue antivirus programs that seem to be such a problem, although that seems to have quieted somewhat lately. Their timing was great. I would suspect a security product for twitter / facebook accounts, maybe even something special for ebay, amazon, etc would go over well. But that's all just conjecture at this point.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2010
  15. smith2006

Thanks for the reply.

I am curious to find out what is the price. :)

16. BugBopperGuy

:D Soon! Soon! But not quite as soon as I'd like. I think later this week.

- David

17. BugBopperGuy

I appreciate the advice, and agree with it. We did BugBopper and Wuzzup because I couldn't stand the detection rates and false alarm rates of existing products. The best stuff is mighty good, but not good enough. But when we add big features to BugBopper, those features will be specialized capabilities that others don't have. I've got the first one figured out, but it will be at least 6 months, I think, before the world sees it.

Meanwhile, I think BugBopper will ship in the coming week.

- David

18. SweX

SweX Registered Member

Hi David!

This sounds interesting indeed:)

And Yes, let's hope you can open your official BugBopper forum here at Wilders;)

PS, I also like the search feature on your website.

19. BugBopperGuy

I've proposed it, and will be happy to do so when the moderators think that there is sufficient interest.

- David

20. buckslayr

buckslayr Registered Member

Any updates on Bugbopper release?

21. webster

webster Registered Member

Don`t know what to think of this. It takes forever Link

22. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

The GUI looks like it's developed by Hanna-Barbera; some mix between George Jetson and Scooby-Doo. I like it, just not sure if I can take it seriously.

23. BugBopperGuy

We've just shipped BugBopper and a new release of Wuzzup.:D

Pricing is here: http://bugbopper.com/BugBopper/Purchase/, and there is a discount code, good for $5 off, somewhere on the web site, possibly here, making the product free. The special prices, and the discount code, are officially good only through the end of the month, and we will evaluate things then.

I'm looking forward to feedback on this forum. (the Jetsons love it).

- David

24. andyman35

andyman35 Registered Member

I just tried to order there and it's asking what state I'm in,do you have a UK order page available?

25. BugBopperGuy

Thanks for attempting to order. Let me check on this GoDaddy form. Back in a minute.

- David

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.