WSA with ESS 6.0 on Windows 8

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by zerotox, Mar 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zerotox

zerotox Registered Member

Hi, guys, I want to ask if anyone is using WSA alongside ESS 6.0 on Windows 8. I would very much like to use them both but last time I tried it ended in disaster - Windows was unresponsive, could not start any program under Admin account, could not enter Settings as Admin even to reboot in safe-mode to uninstall. WSA feature for booting into safe-mode saved me then. So any experience would be appreciated.

2. bwb1

bwb1 Registered Member

I tried to use them both together (one on 32 and one on 64 bit systems), and got two crippled computers when I changed from ESS 5 to ESS 6 last November. I had one helluva job getting them both back to work as like yourself could not reboot in safe mode amongst a litany of other complaints. Finally I managed to reset both back to square one and have not touched ESS since as it seemed to me to be the culprit causing all the woes I had that only started when ESS updated to V6.
    I then installed KIS2013 on both and they have coexisted happily ever since!!

3. zerotox

Thank you very much for your information. I think I won't try them again together. And what about running it with Avast IS 8? Any experience there?

4. kdcdq

kdcdq Registered Member

I ran WSA concurrently with Avast 7 successfully on one system for a few months but have not tried WSA with Avast 8.

5. zerotox

Thank you for sharing your experience!

6. trjam

trjam Registered Member

I have run them all together. I now run WSA with WSA.:argh:

7. kdcdq

kdcdq Registered Member

:cautious: :shifty: :D :thumb:

8. zerotox

Hi, bumping again just to ask if anyone has tried the combo recently (WSA + ESS 6.0 on Windows :cool:. I loved that combo when I was on Windows 7 and had no problems whatsoever. I would love to have the combo on my main Windows 8 PC, but the bad experience from a couple of months ago puts me off for the time-being. Anyone that has succeeded to make it work?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.