WSA or Prevx plus, say, Nod32 + LinkScanner, Webutation, TrafficLight

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by newbie2247, Jan 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. newbie2247

newbie2247 Registered Member

Is it alright to add one of these type of scanning site advisors to our layered protection? Please say YES. I'm interested in a couple but particularly this one http://www.linkextend.com/. Is it compatible with both regular AV as well as our Webroot programs? Again, please say YES. A ton of happy fans. :)

Does "LinkExtend" play well with with WSA and antivirus programs or suites? Same question for other site advisors that scan and stop nasties like Webutation and BitDefendors' TrafficLight. It's way past time for me to lose WOT and I've read that Webutation does scan: "Webutation scan's websites against ongoing malware scripts and bad userfeedback. Works similar to WOT. " and supposedly is not a whole lot better that WOT or McAfee Site Advisor. A ton of angry critics. :-(

I love the fact that LinkExtend does all this: "Informs you if a web page is malicious, sends spam, contains spyware, online scams, identity theft, and more." I'm asking about it in here because of the scanning factor. We have our primary AV running at all times plus we have WSA or Prevx and I seriously wonder if it is absolutely OK, fine and dandy to load, install and run any one of these scanning site advisors because I want one that sounds as GREAT as LinkExtend badly. But it/they have to play nice with both my ESET/Nod32 and Webroot.

What other one's are out there that would be compatible with my Nod32 and WSA or Prevx? Other than WOT please.

Thanks all!

EDIT:

Can you great, kind, helpful, supportive, gifted and absolutely brilliant wonderful members AND moderators also please let me know if I should Xpost this in the ESET forum if y'all do not know and cannot advise me on that one particular antivirus?

Again, THANK YOU!

Last edited: Jan 20, 2012
  2. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

Anti-phishing Domain Advisor and Norton DNS...........

personally I rely on wsa webfilter, mbam ip blocking, wot, bitdefender tl, norton dns and occassionally virus total url scan......

imo linkextend is not good.....you'll soon find out why after using it......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.