WSA Antivirus Free Edition

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by topor, Jan 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. topor

topor Registered Member

And your opinion about Free Version WSA is…….o_O

topor

2. PC_Fiddler

PC_Fiddler Registered Member

@topor: -

All the free AV's are a compromise either being ad based or have limited frequency of updates but all in one way or another are not worth having - So I think it's a dumb idea & would never use one on any PC I own nor would recommend any free av to anyone - End of story ~

Now a question for you:

Are you the person who was the member of this forum who was known as Claudiu & is no longer a member of Wilders - Yes or No?

Last edited: Jan 20, 2013
  3. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

I think WSA should not have a free version. WSA product, support including community forum and prevx sub-forum here, are top-notch. :thumb:

4. fax

fax Registered Member

This could be easily checked by Forum Moderators unless the OP uses proxy services (likely so considering the sickness/paranoia of the user mentioned).

5. InfinityAz

InfinityAz Registered Member

6. kjdemuth

kjdemuth Registered Member

I don't think there should be a free version. The support alone is the best around. Wouldvi lovea free version? Yes. do I think they'll make one? No. I don't mind paying for premium softwaresoftware.

7. Victek

Victek Registered Member

Free AVs always involve trade-offs that are often unacceptable, such as reducing update frequency. The only compromise I consider acceptable in free AV is advertizing since it doesn't reduce security, but sometimes that is too aggressive and annoying. I would prefer that Webroot not offer a free product instead of making these kinds of compromises.

8. topor

topor Registered Member

In this pool (with 73 voters!!!) one vote is 1.37%;

WSA got 15.07% that means 11 people voted for WSA.

In this thread alone you have more than 11 “ready-to die-for” supporters which will vote for WSA beyond any reasonable logic.

So, which pool are you talking abouto_O

topor

9. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

Trade offs?
    Avast has regular updates as do comodo and avira etc.:D

10. Victek

Victek Registered Member

All free AVs are limited in some way to encourage people to buy the full product.

11. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

maybe....:doubt:
    Ive used avast before and i never experienced any limitations of any sort and naturally they would prefer we purchased the program.

12. PC_Fiddler

topor:

I'll take your inability to answer a simple straightforward yes or no question as to whether you were the member known as Claudiu on Wilders as a Yes I Was then unless you say otherwise soon - Thought as much ~

13. PC_Fiddler

Lack of good support is one trade-off using free products, & for example with Mbam etc you have no real-time monitoring which to me is pretty much essential as it's easier to keep the buggers out in the first place than attempt to remove them once they are in - Maybe the reason I've been infection free for donkeys years is I've always used pay for AV's as far back as I can remember or maybe I'm just born real lucky? :D (And I have blue eyes)

14. Der Alte

Der Alte Registered Member

A free version could be interesting, but only for those, who think a freeware solution is the same as to be protected the same way like a payed version.

And only for those, who dont mine, from time to time, expirence an infected pc, because they think they can click at almost anything, in that belive that the freeware program protect them as well as the paid one.

And only for those, who think they are smarter and more clever than the bad gays out there.

And only for those, who think they are invissible on the net, thinking nothing bad can reach me, only the naighbor.

And last only for those, who think that the companies give there produckts away because of your blue eyes.

Just my five cents.

15. guest

guest Guest

@ PC_Fiddler:

I think you mean Claudiu with an u (not o), so if he should tell you he isn't / wasn't Claudio (with o) he tells probably the truth. :D

No. I don't want a free version of WSA (for the reasons I mentioned) but I liked the holiday discount, that should be done every year and so it could be almost free (the AV only version). ;)

What they really need to do is ... getting better test results! That will get users switching from other vendors and bring money and not only freebie users. The "lightness" of WSA is it's unique selling point and very compelling. At least to me. I can't and won't use anything that is slowing down my system more than WSA does (not). And less false positives compared to other av solutions, that would be great too. ;) - They are getting there, I am sure. :)

16. PC_Fiddler

Amended :argh: (I never could spell)

17. TonyW

TonyW Registered Member

Free or not, the problem is getting people to understand the very different approach WSA takes in dealing with malware detection through the journalling process. I do know AV-C & Webroot are working together to come up with a better testing scenario for the product. I think Joe was meeting them last week.

18. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

looks like someone else will get added to everyone's ignore list then he will have to make another new account to avoid this, he denies it but even the responses are almost the same as last time...

19. fax

fax Registered Member

Just ignore any of his posts and he will slowly give up ;)
    He needs some cure...

20. ProTruckDriver

ProTruckDriver Registered Member

Exactly, "Silence is Golden" ;)

21. kdcdq

kdcdq Registered Member

'But my eyes' still see'. As sung by The Tremeloes in 1967... :thumb:

22. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

On that musical note thread closed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.