Wrong pass/username

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by WC_Handy, Dec 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WC_Handy

WC_Handy Registered Member

hello everybody,

I recently set up a new wifi internet connection for my laptop.
    This is the first time i use the internet through a wireless connection.

After a while i sometimes get these red notifications from Eset Nod saying something like "wrong username or password".
    I dont know the exact literal notification because it is in Dutch, but its something like that.

I was wondering what it means, is it a notification that Eset blocked somebody trying to log in to my wifi connection?
    That was the first thing that came to mind.

Thanks in advance.

2. AvinashR

AvinashR Registered Member

It means your License Key is not genuine. Either you are using Illegal license key or your license key is not correct. There may be chances that your license key is got expired and hence no more valid.

If you are sure that your license is key is genuine and it is not expired then please do contact ESET support. They will surely help you. :)

3. WC_Handy

WC_Handy Registered Member

hmm
    its genuine and i dont think its expired!

i was asking this because it happened right after i set up my wifi connection...
    but i will contact ESET support
    thank you

4. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

The most common problems with username/password:

1. case - EAV is uppercase - all letters in the password will be lower case (if you see 0 in the password, it is a ZERO, not an upper-O for Orange)
    2. leading/trailing spaces - if you copy/paste the username/password, be sure that you have no leading spaces or trailing <CR> - these will cause the username/password to be "WRONG".

It would be nice if ESET antivirus would detect these conditions and correct them at time of entry - ie, if the username was entered as eav-1231231, it would auto-correct to EAV-1231231 and if it was entered in the password field as '1231adsahw ', that it would trim the password of the trailing space/<CR> character - but it doesn't work that way, so we have to be ultra-careful instead.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.