Wow! I'm impressed with ATI11 b8101

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Tipperton, Aug 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tipperton

Tipperton Registered Member

I had been using build 8053 for a while and it worked great. I could do a full system backup to an Iomega Rev drive in about 3 hours.

Then they released build 8101 which had problems updating my current install and was really slow, a full system backup took over 8 hours compared to the 3 hours 8053 took. :argh:

I tried to uninstall 8101 to go back to 8053 and the uninstaller had problems. I finally got it completely removed by manual methods and was able to re-install 8053 and was back to the usual 3 hour backup time.

On a whim I decided to try updating to 8101 again and this time it went real smooth, no problems at all.

Even better, it now only takes 2 hours or less to do a full system backup! :D

2. jpcummins

jpcummins Registered Member

Tipperton, I am considering purchasing Acronis True Image 11; so out of curiosity do you know what caused the problem in the first place?

John

3. Earthling

Earthling Registered Member

3 hours?! All I can say is those Iomega drives should be giving go-slow lessons to snails ;)

I use TI 11 to backup my main system drive to an eSATA in about 5 minutes, and even my lappie over a wifi connection can back up to a network USB drive in way under an hour.

You must have the patience of Job.

How big is the system drive (used, not capacity)?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.