Wow! I'm impressed with ATI11 b8101

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Tipperton, Aug 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tipperton

Tipperton Registered Member

I had been using build 8053 for a while and it worked great. I could do a full system backup to an Iomega Rev drive in about 3 hours.

Then they released build 8101 which had problems updating my current install and was really slow, a full system backup took over 8 hours compared to the 3 hours 8053 took. :argh:

I tried to uninstall 8101 to go back to 8053 and the uninstaller had problems. I finally got it completely removed by manual methods and was able to re-install 8053 and was back to the usual 3 hour backup time.

On a whim I decided to try updating to 8101 again and this time it went real smooth, no problems at all.

Even better, it now only takes 2 hours or less to do a full system backup! :D

2. jpcummins

jpcummins Registered Member

Tipperton, I am considering purchasing Acronis True Image 11; so out of curiosity do you know what caused the problem in the first place?

John

3. Earthling

Earthling Registered Member

3 hours?! All I can say is those Iomega drives should be giving go-slow lessons to snails ;)

I use TI 11 to backup my main system drive to an eSATA in about 5 minutes, and even my lappie over a wifi connection can back up to a network USB drive in way under an hour.

You must have the patience of Job.

How big is the system drive (used, not capacity)?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.