Would you trust f-prot protection?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by BrainWarp, Feb 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Technodrome

Technodrome Security Expert

If F-prot use any CPU on your machine then there has to be some kind of conflict with another program. NOD32 is just about the same, no CPU usage at all. KAV is different story and CPU usage is rather high when you browse thru your computer…..

tD

2. lifehacker

lifehacker Registered Member

Hm. Ill check it out.

3. lifehacker

lifehacker Registered Member

Never mind, sorry I was wrong. One of my applications was behaving strangely with f-prot and caused the huge CPU usage. :)

4. trickyricky

trickyricky Registered Member

Ahh, thought so. Glad you found the culprit ;)

5. Lordman

Lordman Registered Member

I am F-Prot registered user. A few days ago i contact Frisk support to question abaut when will be downlodeable the 4.0 version. I received a message that told me that the next version will be 6.0 and in a few weeks ago it will be beta version.

6. hemkop

hemkop Registered Member

Actually i am a Sophos user, but i have always been intresting on F-Prot and yes i would trust f-prot protection.

I always thinked that F-Prot and Sophos are great AV´s.

7. EraserHW

EraserHW Malware Expert

I was one of f-prot's fans.

Well, today F-Prot is a very light software antivirus but with a bit lower detection rate compared to other antivirus softwares.

F-Prot is losing too much time and other companies are releasing new and updated scanners. Instead, F-Prot is always there, the same version, same bugs and lack of features as one year ago.

Yes, F-Prot was the first antivirus, it was the best but now Frisk need to release the next version to fight against and become again one of the best antiviruses in the world.

Too much time lost, too much time = too many users lost

AV's world is in continuous expand and develop, where time elapsed can't be so much if you wanna be competitive.

Just my two cents....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.