Would you buy a PC with things pre-installed?

Discussion in 'polls' started by computer geek, Apr 17, 2008.

?

Would you but a PC with software pre-installed?

1. yes

24.4%
  2. no

41.5%
  3. depends on software

24.4%
  4. no, but if it is very good, yes.

9.8%
  1. demonon

demonon Guest

I too would format a new PC with bloatware on it, or else it will leave it marks.

2. wtsinnc

wtsinnc Registered Member

For me, it depends on the software that is installed and the terms.

If it's a trial version of something I might be interested in and good for only 30 to 90 days, no thanks; I can almost always get that from the company website or from sites such as File Hippo, Major Geeks, Fileforum, Cnet, and Softpedia, among many others.

If it's a legitimate subscription for something I really would like to have, good for a year or more, it probably would be desirable.

Most probably though, I would image the original install, wipe the drive, reinstall the OS, and start over with only those applications I prefer.

3. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

For me it depends on the software and the situation.
    If I'm driving 50 miles to a store and the difference between a return trip or taking the unit home that night means accepting a pre-installed security program that isn't my top choice,I'll take it.

4. Noob

Noob Registered Member

I don't care, i can uninstall it later, almost all PC's nowadays have things installed on them :rolleyes:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.