WOULD LIKE TO ARCHIVE A COUPLE COMPUTER IMAGES TO ONE BIG-ASS HARDRIVE

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by joe-doggs, Nov 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joe-doggs

joe-doggs Registered Member

Dear friends, I would like to archive my laptopn & desktop disk images to one large harddrive. Do I need TrueImage Server to do this ? My intent is to make a couple partitions on this large external drive & put my laptop on one, my desktop on another, my mothers desktop on yet another - to save having to flatten & reload when there are problems - WHAT PRODUCT DO I NEED TO BUY TO DO THIS ? - HOW DO YOU DO THIS ?? & If you can do this - will I have bootable images on these images ? THANKS FOR THE COMMRAGERE !!

2. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

The standard version of True Image 9 will do this. I'll leave the licensing issues for more than one PC for Tech Support to comment on.

You have described how I do this. I create a folder for each system that I want to image and run TI either in Windows or from the Recovery CD and create the image in the appropriate folder on the USB hard drive.

To guarantee that the image will be bootable when restored, include all the partitions on the boot CD in the image. Verify and Plug (Explore) your images after they have been created.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello joe-doggs,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please take a look at the jmk94903's reply above, since it's quite correct.

As for the licensing policy. Please be aware that according to Acronis software licensing policy, you should purchase one copy of Acronis program per every computer where it will be used (including Bootable Rescue CDs).

I recommend you to download and install the free trial version of Acronis True Image 9.0 to see how the software works on your computer.

You can find more information on how to use Acronis True Image 9.0 in the respective User's Guide.

Please visit Acronis online store to purchase the full version of the product.

If you have any further questions please feel free to ask.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

4. Chutsman

Chutsman Registered Member

If they are all images (not clones), there is no need to partition the large hard drive. Simply save the .tib files - which Acronis True Image will create - for each system on the hard drive. Just give them identifiable names like laptop.tib, desktop1.tib, desktop2.tib (your mother's).

When you want to restore, just select the apropriate .tib file. After you restore to a drive, it will be bootable - that's the whole idea for the software.

Don't understand what you mean by "flatten".

5. pivert

pivert Registered Member

Same here.

No different partitions needed at all.
    Juste clear enough names ( and windows offers that very easily !)

I name my files according to a C-Full-MM-DD-YYYY.tib scheme, adding a number if needed ( if doing more than one image of same partition in same day : not frequent !!)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.