Would like information re: known bugs!

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Big Apple, Jan 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Apple

Big Apple Frequent Poster

I would appreciate some 'straight' answer re: the still not properly functioning email scanning.
    Is this all left the way it is now, or is it taken seriously and being worked on?
    There's still no new build and these problems exist for a long time now.
    Having paid for a license, I like to know what the story is at present.
    Keep on feeling left out in the cold, as I got an answer back from support several times, but.........nothing changes.
    I will not accept any reactions like: use another emailclient, change your OS or that kind of bull.
    I want a honest answer, no more.....no less!

2. proactivelover

proactivelover Registered Member

r u using letest build 621

3. Big Apple

Yes, I am.

4. proactivelover

what bugs you see

5. Big Apple

double tagging, incoming mails counted double. Sometimes complete message is missing, just from: and subject: and an empty mail.

6. proactivelover

if 2.7 work perfect for you
    you must install it
    eset team is taking hard to make a stable product so it will take some time

7. Big Apple

Well, that's the case......they put v3.0 final on the market and I am eager to use upgraded products, as Eset has been a very good AV builder. I feel, that I should be using v3.0.......but I think it still doesn't work the way it should and there's a very big, ignorant silence regarding all the bugs, mentioned here very day. I am losing faith in Nod completely, as this product is pushed out, without being what it was or should be. I am using different AV's now, as I am not relying on Eset at all now, but having bought a license, I still want to know what's up and just wonder if this v3.0 will ever be on par completely. It's great Eset is confirming all kinds of bugs, but nothing happens and the email issue is still there and if someone can state, that this is all that can be done about it........just great........I'll change my AV for ever and ask for my money back!

8. BBKing212

BBKing212 Registered Member

I was user of eset for 3 years. But now in January my license will expire and i will change AV. I dont like how nod V3 works and it still has many bugs.
    If eset will improve V3 with next builds i may come back.

9. De Hollander

De Hollander Registered Member

That's classified....:D ;) :D

10. Big Apple

Sometimes I wonder: What's not classified here? o_O

11. trjam

trjam Registered Member

I agree BA, I really hate it, but the licences I hold for Eset I dont even intend to use or renew. It justs befounds me as to how Eset allowed itself to go from where they were, to this. I really dont think they can make it up now. I hope they do in time but that bond of trust and resprect users had, has really vanished away with how they have handled this whole event.

12. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

The only known problems with email stem from the lack of functions supported Outlook Express' that are required to handle email properly. We are trying to find a workaround, but it's definitely a problem of the OE API, not a bug of ESS/EAV. Since this thread seems to have turned into ranting, I'll draw it to a close. If you need to discuss a specific problem, please create a new thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.