Worthwhile adding SafeOnline to Prevx3.0 paid?

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by silverfox99, Jan 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. silverfox99

silverfox99 Registered Member

My laptop runs Vista and NIS2010, along with Prevx3.0

I first came across Prevx when laptop got infected with a Win32/Alureon variant. Very nasty. NIS2009 (as it was then) didn't detect it so I needed Prevx and Malwarebytes to get rid of the thing.

I have been happily running NIS2010 and Prevx3.0 alongside each other for some time now and very happy, never any problems. Question is, is it worth my while 'upgrading' to SafeOnline which is currently in trial version on my Prevx3.0? I know that NIS2010 already comes with 'SafeWeb'? or similar so would upgrading to full SafeOnline be a waste of my money or duplicate protection I already have?, or would I be getting 'added' protection with SafeOnline? I don't understand this product it very well so hoping you can help o_O

2. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

safeonline it is capable of protects your browser in many many ways one thing i like about the safeonline from prevx is the keylogger protection and protects your browser from been hijack;)

3. silverfox99

Forgot to ask - what is the difference between trial & paid mode for SafeOnline? With Trial it seems to protect all https: web pages - yes? With paid I can also add any number of non https: pages to be protected?

4. pabrate

pabrate Registered Member

I'm using Safari for Windows, is it working with this browser ?

5. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

On my Main laptop I run NIS2010 and Prevx Safeonline together with really no issues. :D It has been a awesome combo for pretty much anything I have thrown at it.

6. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

The trial version of SafeOnline has the following features:
    - Protection of saved credentials
    - Protection of stored cookies
    - Full SafeOnline protection on specific websites (including government websites and a number of popular websites)
    - Custom SafeOnline protection on one user-chosen website
    - Antiphishing protection

The paid version will, by default, automatically secure all HTTPS websites and you can add as many HTTP websites as wanted.

Hope that helps! Let me know if I can clarify anything better :)

7. PrevxHelp

SafeOnline currently does not support Safari but this is on our roadmap to be added (as well as native MacOS support :))

8. Threedog

Threedog Registered Member

Thats good because I mayyyy be going over to the other side (Mac) soon. Haven't decided yet tho between that and Win 7.

9. noblelord

noblelord Registered Member

Could you tell me if SafeOnline supports Opera? I have a paid version and have just noticed that there is no SafeOnline box at the top of my browser. :)

10. silverfox99

Thanks for replies. Have upgraded to add SafeOnline just now, thanks for the info.

11. PrevxHelp

SafeOnline supports Opera on 32bit OSs - if you don't see the browser tab, I suspect you are either on a 64bit OS or using a version of Opera which we aren't compatible with.

A general rule of thumb is that if you see the browser tab, SafeOnline is fully protecting it. However, it will still provide protection behind-the-scenes even if it is not 100% compatible with that browser (with newer versions of Chrome in particular).

12. noblelord

noblelord Registered Member

Ah yes - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit.

Any idea when support for Opera on 64 bit will be added?

Thanks.

13. PrevxHelp

It is on our roadmap but it is still some time away due to fundamental architectural changes within x64. For now, the best way to be protected by SafeOnline on x64 is to use Firefox or IE :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.