Worth renewing prevx3.0 licence?

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by silverfox99, Jul 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

Yes, I agree that other vendors do have effective products for what they're targeting but the approaches we're using in SafeOnline are very unique :)

All aspects of "4.0" are completely new, rewritten from the ground up - the protection is much stronger and designed to be more powerful moving forward. Therefore, incompatibilities may arise in different areas.

2. Sir Percy

Sir Percy Registered Member

Ok, we might not agree completely (which is perfectly fine in my book) about how much difference there are between the products at the toplevel (which prevx certainly belongs to) and i understand the "company line" has to be respected = your product is different = better than the rest because of XYZ tech, it is of course targeting everything unlike the others! :p ;)

Thank you Joe for answering, i will look forward to any advances you might see in the fight to allow Admuncher "in" and if this isn't to be the case then i hope Webroot will allow a way to install without SOL and if not then i will put my business somewhere else and still recommend your product for those who would benefit from it's light and effective nature and i hope i do not sound too much like a kiss ass user. :D

3. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

I'm not necessarily saying we're better than the rest, I'm just saying we're doing it very differently :)

Thanks! :thumb:

4. pegr

pegr Registered Member

If transitioning isn't automatic then Firefox users who have a paid subscription to Prevx 3 with SafeOnline would be faced with the choice of either remaining on Firefox 3 for the remainder of their current Prevx 3 subscription or, alternatively, foregoing the SafeOnline protection they had already paid for.

When this issue was first raised, I seem to remember the official response at the time was this would be fixed by Prevx 4. IMO it would be a poor decision to ask users who have already paid for SafeOnline protection, and who can't use it because they have chosen to keep their browser updated, to pay again in order to transition to the new product during the life of their current Prevx 3 subscription.

It would also be nice to see active beta testers given an automatic transfer from Prevx 3 to the new product when it is released, as a reward for their participation.

I hope these points will be taken into consideration when making the decision regarding transitioning.

5. Threedog

Threedog Registered Member

I am going to hold off renewing for now. I got caught up on the wrong side of the street on a similar situation with another product one time so I am going to wait till the dust settles and the new product is introduced.

6. aieie

aieie Registered Member

I, on the other side, renewed for another year.

I trust prevx people to manage the transition in a fair way..........if not, which better proof i can't trust the product anymore?

:D

Best Regards

7. PatG

PatG Registered Member

My thoughts exactly! Renewed back when all the talk was about v4 and all the "what if's" and "what about's". Will just see "when" the 366 days left on the beta changes. :)

8. fphall

fphall Registered Member

I renewed also, before the buyout. I trusted Prevx, but now I guess webroot will have to earn my trust. This will be the test.

9. Doraemon

Doraemon Registered Member

I was wrong. I trusted them on releasing version 4 with FF4+ compatibility and yet it's mid September and nothing new. I don't use betas for obvious reasons and I'm not gonna use FF3 for the same ones. How many months do we have to wait? It's ridiculous. I can't think of any other security app incompatible with FF4+ nowadays. Clearly none that it's so expensive.

PrevX is failing on their user base. I think we got scammed in some way. They cannot force you to use betas or obsolete browsers. I would have understood one or even two months to make a stable release for FF4+ but this is getting ridiculous.

Sure it's the last time I get scammed this way. Should have listened to my eexpectations.

:thumbd: :thumbd: :thumbd: :thumbd: :thumbd: :thumbd: :thumbd: :thumbd: :thumbd:

10. pegr

pegr Registered Member

I agree with you. I have previously posted that I consider it poor customer service to force paid users of SafeOnline who also use Firefox into having to make a choice between remaining on Firefox 3 until the new Webroot Prevx 4 beta goes final or running beta software on a production machine if they don't want to. I said at the time there would be some unhappy users as a result of this decision.

When I renewed my Prevx 3 with SafeOnline license back in March, I just renewed Prevx 3 anti-malware and dropped SafeOnline because of lack of support for Firefox 4. I understand the need of Webroot/Prevx to focus their development effort on the new beta but I don't think they should have completely dropped all development of Prevx 3 and SafeOnline until the new product goes final.

11. Threedog

Threedog Registered Member

I was hoping the final version would be out before my Prevx 3 licence expired. It ran out today so it is going to be different running without it.

12. Mongol

Mongol Registered Member

The Beta process is definitely being dragged on and on. Each week I expect to hear something new about what Prevx license holders have to look forward to. I am running the Webroot Beta and is running smoothly but...whats up?

13. pegr

pegr Registered Member

The latest Webroot beta causes my Windows XP system to hang at the Saving Settings... screen on shutdown/reboot. It looks to me though that it's now getting close to becoming ready for RTM, with only a few minor issues left to be resolved. Hopefully, we'll see a release candidate soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.