Worth having AH on?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by ChaosBlizzard, Jan 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChaosBlizzard

ChaosBlizzard Registered Member

Is it really needed/worth having AH enabled with AMON? I don't know how much that would slow the system down, as well as a possibility for false positives....

I just bought a two year student license. So far I think it's the best AV yet. I have tried just about all of them too.

Thanks!

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Yes, it's certainly worth keeping it enabled, though it's used only for newly created files and serves for informative purposes - you'll need to run an on-demand scan if something is detected via AH to get rid of it completely. Regarding false positives, this should not be a problem because you can submit such a file to Eset for analysis and they'll cure it shortly (if it's possible to accomplish it via an update)

3. ChaosBlizzard

ChaosBlizzard Registered Member

Thanks, I don't think I will get any false positives now.. As I ran a full system scan with AH enabled as well as a few other increased security options and came up clean. So if it can come up clean now, any false positives will come off the internet, which I will take with caution.

Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.