Wormguard???

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by ChrisP, Aug 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChrisP

ChrisP Suspended Member

I just remembered that I have DiamondCS Wormguard installed! It pops up every now and then and warns me about a files real extension. In 7 yeears of using it, I can only remember one time when it warned me of anything useful - and that time My AV and SAS both popped up and detected tghe threat.

Does anyone else here still have WG installed? It imposes no overhead, so no issue with it being installed. Interested to hear if anyone thinks its of value.

2. ThunderZ

ThunderZ Registered Member

Still use it myself. As you stated little\no system load so why not?

3. G1111

G1111 Registered Member

Still have it installed on my machine also. It pops up every now and then.

4. xtree

xtree Registered Member

Hi,

Has it been updated/upgraded recently or has it been untouched for a year now? There is a promo at diamonds's now and I wonder if it is worth making use of it. As far as I know once it was a hopeful application.
    Thanks in advance.
    xtree

5. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

If i'm not mistaken, try about 4 years. It's been awhile. :argh:

snowbound

6. ChrisP

ChrisP Suspended Member

I purchased it aboyt seven years ago and it has not been updated since then!

7. xtree

xtree Registered Member

Abandoned for quite a long time. Anyway, thanks for the info.
    And what about Process Guard? 3.5 is the latest version but I could not see major differences comparing it to 3.41. No description about version history nor answers to my mail. What do you think about it?
    xtree

8. ChrisP

ChrisP Suspended Member

ProceddGuard works, but like WG, is an old app and had not been updated in ages. Its simple and light, but lacks the sophistication and features found in modern HIPS. There is no way you should pay money for this, or any DismondCS software - all dead products and check various posts here about Diamond CS not sending keys etc - its a dead company....

9. xtree

xtree Registered Member

For your info:
    It seems they are trying to make you believe that they are alive again. They have a new web page with some 'updates' to PG and PE and they offer a new prog called Deep System Explorer. The problem is that I do not have much confidence in them. :doubt:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.