Worm Not Yet Finnish

Discussion in 'ten-forward' started by The Hammer, Aug 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

This was in the Toronto Sun today. Former NBA star Dennis Rodman has signed to play one match for a basketball team in the Finnish league in november. Rodman, 44, who stopped playing in the NBA five years ago will turn out for Torpan Pojat, or ToPo, on Nov 6th at Helsinki's 900-capacity Ice Hall, most probably against Honka. "We expect the venue to be sold out that night," ToPo manager Aleksi Valavuori said. "This will be good for Finnish basketball." Valavouri said the contract requires Rodman to play 15 minutes.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2005
  2. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

lol,

That's about all the time it will take for that sideshow. :D ;) :D

snowbound

3. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

:rolleyes: I don't know what the Finns did to annoy the Americans. A weapon of mass distraction for sure. I wonder if Brian N and Firefighter are going?

4. Capp

Capp Registered Member

Regardless of his on-court/off-court antics...

I think Dennis Rodman is one of the greatest rebounders and defensive players to ever step on the court. Sure he was very annoying with his charades at times, but winning NBA defensive player of the year several times and being ranked as the #1 rebounder of all time, I think he had some skill.

5. bid ed

bid ed Guest

I understand that the other team is trying to sign up Bill Lambier to defend against him!

Bouncing in Bulimia, big ed

6. Brian N

Brian N Registered Member

I'm not going to Finland anytime soon lol

7. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

If they're going to bring the dirtest player(maybe ever) of that bunch than u must bring good guy Joe Dumars and nitwit Isiah Thomas too. :D ;) :D

snowbound

8. bigbuck

bigbuck Registered Member

Yeah, they definitely weren't a popular team with blokes like Laimbeer, Mahorn et al.....but you've got to give credit to ol' Chuck Daly....his 'Jordan Rules' certainly managed to keep them on top of Chicago.....for a couple of seasons anyway.

9. big ed

big ed Registered Member

Ok..Ok...so maybe Lambier was a little over the top. How about Jungle Jim Luscatoff (former Celtic). Not only could he defend but he also could score 4 or 5 pts. per season.

Basking in Boston, big ed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.