workstation is infected with brontok.aq

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by cism, Oct 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cism

cism Registered Member

One of my workstation is infected with the brontoc.aq virus. The virus was not detected when the usb flash drive was used on the workstation, now it is creating all sorts of *.exe files.

But when i used another workstation to manually scan the flash drive, it detected every file that was infected with the said virus.

How could this happen and where can I get the tool to remove this virus. I tried to remove it but it stuck itself to the memory of the computer

2. pykko

pykko Registered Member

csim please write to support@eset.com with a link to this thread. They should help you if none of ESET mods will answer here.

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

The only explanation is that your NOD32 was either outdated at that time as we add signatures for all Brontoks almost immediately.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2006
  4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

The tool is your NOD32 , correctly configured and updated .

Open Control Center and make sure your NOD32 is updated. The latest signature version is 1.1809.

Then , read Blackspear's tutorial to configure NOD32 for maximum protection and automated work
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=37509

Please,boot in Safe Mode (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315222)
    Safe Mode is a special Windows mode where several things are loaded and most of the viruses/spywares can't load in that mode .
    When so , AV softwares can easily kill the infiltration :)

Goto Start->Programs->ESET->NOD32
    Goto the Profiles tab and make sure you use Control Center Profile
    When so , make sure your set NOD32 to scan all your hard drives and push Scan&Clean

NOD32 will automatically take care of everything ;)

Reboot in Normal Mode.

Good luck !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.