Works as Advertised

Discussion in 'Paragon Mac Utilities' started by regents, Nov 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. regents

regents Registered Member

Thanks for the fix. I underestimated enough space for my BootCamp partition.

I have a 20" iMac with a 320 gig drive and 4 gigs of ram with Snow Leopard. I used the bootcamp assistant to create a 35 gig partition and after loading Vista Ultimate, bootcamp, the updates, acrobat reader and IE 8 and Chrome, I was left with only 7.5 gigs.

So I downloaded CampTune beta, burned the CD with Disk Utility, rebooted and held down "option" until the Mac drive, Windows drive, Windows CD appeared. I selected the CD and it loaded the program. The graphics were readable but awful on the screen. (I hope you have graphic drivers that make it look slicker.)

It was easier to move the slider (entering values was not easy) to make the BootCamp drive 50 gigs and it adjusted the mac drive automatically. I pressed go and it took 30 minutes to complete the process.

I pressed the finish button when it was complete and it went to a screen with a blinking cursor. There was no instruction to re-boot or turn off my Mac. I pressed my power button to shut down and restarted holding the "option" key.

Again 3 choices appeared and I went to the Mac drive. Everything was OK. I restarted again and pressed "option" and chose the Windows drive. It booted a little slower than before but I think it was adjusting to the new drive size. Restarting Windows again booted up fast again (less than 1 minute).

I ejected the CD and everything seems to be working without a hitch. Thanks again for the opportunity to beta test for you.

2. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

I'm glad it worked great. We appreciate the inputs.

To summarize:

1. Better support and graphics for the one and only screen :D
    2. Easier input of exact values.
    3. A screen to tell the user to restart and eject CD.

Thanks again Regents.

3. riverwind

riverwind Registered Member

I had the same experience and the same comments.

The only real concern I had was the lack of instructions after the job is complete; I hit "Close", and was left at a Paragon screen w/ a command prompt. "Exit", "reboot", "restart", "bye"; none of the common commands worked, so I (fearfully) shut the machine down by holding i the power button.

Everything seems to have worked great, however that was a nerve-wracking 3 minutes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.