WordPerfect 12 Office?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by JerryM, Feb 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

MS Office only came with a free trial on my notebook. I have Open Office, which is not bad.

Today I ordered a copy of Corel WordPerfect 12 Office for $15.
    Does anyone here use that program and if so, how does it compare with MS Office and Open Office if you have used them?

I have no intention of buying the MS Office.

Thanks,
    Jerry

2. HelpFromFrance

HelpFromFrance Registered Member

Jerry,

At the risk of getting flamed,:eek: since a lot of folks use Word, I have been using WordPerfect since it's DOS days and would not change for anything. I find things much easier to do and straightforward. I have not tried OpenOffice, since I have not been interested in going to Word or a clone of Word. I use WP for everything and love it. I have gone with each upgrade and not been disappointed yet. I have about 1GO of files I have created with WP and it is too late in life to change.;)

Hope this helps and hope you like it. By the way if you have another way to get a legit copy for $15 let me know, I would be in the market. :D

Have a good day,
    HelpFromFrance

3. thebigdintx

thebigdintx Registered Member

i have wordperfect 12 as it shipped with this dell. i should have spent a few bucks more, and upgraded to word. i had some trouble trying to save my documents using the converter to save them as word compatable so i could send them to people who don't have wordperfect.....what a hassle,,,,it messed up the layout of the document.

4. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

Here is where I ordered it. I assume it is legit.
    http://www.viosoftware.com/Corel/?osCsid=e7096a579fc43a907955f5d960c3def3

Have a good day,
    Jerry

5. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

I thought that you could save the document in a Word format.

Open Office has that option, and I tested it by sending an OO document to myself on my other computer which has Word.
    The received document opened in Word.

Jerry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.