Won't Boot after resize attempt

Discussion in 'Paragon Partition Manager Product Line' started by techman9, Feb 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. techman9

techman9 Registered Member

so i have a dual boot WIN7 and Windows vista on my machine. i have two physical volumes, C and D, and i partioned D for a logical volume. When i ran out of space on my WIN7 drive, i added more space with paragon on my Vista install. i did that several times sucessfullly. the last time however, i got paragon thru http://lifehacker.com/5232796/paragon-partition-manager-free-today-normally-40 on my win7 install. when it was time to resize, i did, and the normal boot screen for paragon came up. then i left my computer, thinking it could take a while. when i came back, it gave me the message:
    Code:
    Interuppted operation:
     Insert Recovery disk or other recovery media

So, i went and got the http://neosmart.net/blog/2008/windows-vista-recovery-disc-download/ disck, which found no problems.

Based on what i've been reading, it sounds like i need a paragon recovery disk. However, My paragon version didn;t come with one, because it's the free version

I'm totally at a loss,
    Any help is appreciated.
    o_O

2. Paragon_MattK

Paragon_MattK Paragon Moderator

What does the system tell you when you try to boot up now? Does still say this?

Or do you get a different message?

3. techman9

nope. same message. I think i need the Paragon recovery Disk, which i don;t have. o_O

4. Paragon_MattK

Our recovery CD doesn't do much more then a Windows recovery CD can to repair start-up issues, since your machine is a dual boot, you may need to use the Windows 7 recovery disk.

If the MBR is pointed to the Windows 7 disk, meaning that when you boot up, the Windows 7 BCD decides which OS to start, you should definitely try the Windows 7 start-up repair from the CD, which is also available from NeoSmart:

http://neosmart.net/blog/2009/windows-7-system-repair-discs/

5. techman9

ok. i forgot to say. before i tried the neosmart, i made a recovery disc with the other windows 7 computer in the house. It didn't find the 7 install. it didn't even see logical volume. any other ideas? :'(
    EDIT: if it can't be fixed, i just need a way to get the data off

6. Paragon_MattK

7. techman9

ok. a couple questions

1) what's a bart pe?
    2)What exactly will this do?
    3) Any other options?
    4) and before i get all complicated, i'd really like to try paragon's disc. If you can email me the iso, i'll PM you my address.

Thanks so much
    Techman9

Last edited: Feb 8, 2010
  8. techman9

Well, i think i may have fixed it. i used the vista command from http://support.paragon-software.com/showthread.php?t=1031 to fix the MBR. IT LET ME BOOT TO VISTA. yay! when i cheked my computer to see if the 7 intsall was there, it wasn't so i opened up paragon on vista to see if that showed the logical volume. When i opeend it, it told me that i should complete the operation. i'm doing that now, and i'll keep you posted THANKS SO MUCH

TECHMAN9
    :D :D :D :D :D :D

9. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Hi techman,

Glad Paragon completed for you.

If you got the PM 10 Personal giveaway, it does come with a boot disc . Click Tools>Recovery Media builder.

apm10-2010-02-09_011642.jpg

It will burn the recovery media to a cd/flash for you.

When you boot the cd/flash, select Normal Mode - then at the main menu, press Shift+Ctrl+Alt+Backspace together, to get to the Advanced menu.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.