Wondering Now about Norton 360 VS.6?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by tomdy2k, Sep 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tomdy2k

tomdy2k Registered Member

I got it really cheap from norton 24.95.....It just seeme the spam filter isn't to swift and some of the reviews on youtube say the zero day protection isn't all that great..any feedback?:eek:

2. entropism

entropism Registered Member

I get it free as a Comcast subscriber, works well for me on my laptop & desktop. No complaints, but probably wouldn't pay for it if I had to.

3. tomdy2k

thank you.:)

4. Jim1cor13

Jim1cor13 Registered Member

Hi tom :)

I purchased N360 2012 near end of August this year. 1yr-3pc license for 13.99 Been using it ever since, after testing too many over a period of several months. Norton 360 has been both the lightest and most well managed security app I have used to date personally. Norton still offers this deal as of the other day, they just do not advertise it. NIS 2012 is 14.99 for 1yr-3PC, I also bought that just the other night. The link I used was posted here back in August I believe.

http://us.norton.com/ps/loem/nss_adobe_us_en_3up_navnisn360_07575.html Link is still up and working at Norton.

Coupon codes still worked as of 9-18: 30CPNPALN360 to get Norton 360 for $13.99.
    CPNPAL25NORTON to get Norton Internet Security for $14.99.

Size wise it is about a third the size of the likes of BD and KIS, weighing in at approx. 340MB installed and updated, compared to 1GB + and above for BD, etc. N360 has performed excellent, and I never thought I would ever use another Norton product after years of dealing with their "old" bad habits of systemic intrusion and instabilities and breaking other softwares.

i will give them credit for the improvements, and regaining some quality and performance back, including well rounded coverage and a good light firewall. I do not use all the features in N360 such as the backup, and I have no need for the activity map data, but otherwise so far it has been the best I tried in years. Just a personal opinion after I had used Avast free for 7 + years. If one did not see the Norton icon in the systray, it would appear performance wise, that no AV is installed. it simply works, and does not take ones system hostage as can sometimes happen with bloatware.

For me, it simply works and does so with ease, and my laptop appears to run a little cooler also compared to when I tested some of the bloats. Just my 2 cents worth, I am just giving credit where credit is due. they could still make room for improvements, certainly, but no doubt they have made great improvements over the last 3 years.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2012
  5. tomdy2k

Great my big worry has been password protection when signing in to online banking *puppy*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.