Wondering how eset perform in real-time file protection work....

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by reevesloh, Jun 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reevesloh

reevesloh Registered Member

Well i been using ESS4 for quite a year now n nothing happen.But last week i installed a new game name "Alpha Protocol" in (F:storage) and after installed it i scan it with "smart scan" and doesn't found any malware.But today when i used Spyware doctor to scan,it show that my system volume information in F:Storage is infected and ESS4 only start take action to quarantine it....(F:storage is a new hard disc i brought and just only install one game) If i dun use spyware doctor to scan it,it is mean ESS4 cannot get through this virus?Why only when i use spyware doctor to scan it then Ess4 can detect while i only run smart scan it dun found any virus?

2. dr pan k

dr pan k Registered Member

could u plz specify what was found, preferably both the eset and the spyware doctor name of the infected file(s).

and though some mod could be more precise i think that the smart scan wont check everything (that would be a deep scan which would take longer) so when another app accesses the "infected" file nod's real time scanner comes in and blocks it.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.