WMI problem

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Kentish, Aug 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kentish

Kentish Registered Member

Can anyone tell me why my screen is saying my WMI is corrupted and not working? My o/s is XP Home, and is a clean instal with an original disk, that hasnt long been done. It used to work, as I successfully installed a home network which also worked, although now it doesnt.

Cheers

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Hi Kentish,

Just to be clear, you are talking about Windows Management Instrumentation, correct? (As in what is described here?)

You will need to provide more details on what errors you are getting, and describe the problem some more for people to be able to help out.

3. JacK

JacK Registered Member

Hello,

Just apply the instructions :

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=319101

Rgds,

4. Kentish

I originally posted this in the wrong area in response to the screen shots regarding the Local Area Connection properties advanced tab screen enabling checking or uncjecking of the XP internet connection firewall. This is because when I go to this screen I get the WMI cannot run, it may be corrupted message, and suggesting I do a restore point to try and fix this.I have also tried the MS suggestion for fixing this , none of which work.

My o/s is a bona fide XP Home edition, not a copy, but I have also had this on "trial " versions of XP pro, 3 times in fact.

I have also seen requests on the same lines on other forums, but never an answer.... is there one?

Cheers

5. Dan Perez

Dan Perez Retired Moderator

Hi Kentish,

Can you give us the precise verbage of the message as well as any associated event log entries?

Thanks

Dan

6. Kentish

OK, after further playing, and doing a very long way back system restore, my WMI started to function properly allowing me to run my network and me too see the advanced firewall screen, with it check box.
    But having worked happily for 4 days, and having run Tracks Eraser Pro and MRU Buster, it has stopped working and now says the WMI is corrupt.Obviously the problem lies with eithe MRU Buster, or Tracks Eraser Pro.
    Does anyone have any suggestions or similar expieriences? Prior to this I was using Win98SE and had no problems but this all changed when I moved to XP

Cheers

ps sorry if this is too vague a question.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.