wishlist for 1.200 (?)

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by Andreas1, Dec 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gkweb

gkweb Expert Firewall Tester

don't forget to set a human verification to the password of human verification to check it isn't a program which is entering a password !

In fact, i poll to add "eye optical nerd recognition" to add a true human verification and that only _you_ can disable PG :D

2. Jason_DiamondCS

Jason_DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

The driver doesn't actually check/read the keyfile. So the keyfile doesn't need to be present for the driver to work.

Some interesting ideas here, to say the least! :)

-Jason-

3. redwolfe_98

redwolfe_98 Registered Member

my wish list is, for one thing, that the PG systray icon would function in a more typical fashion, where you could rightclick the icon to bring up a menu with options to open PG, exit PG, and an option to ."disable (or enable) protection". also, when Procguard.exe is set to autostart, the PG screen pops up for an instant, and then minimizes.. i wish that it would not "flash" like that. if possible, i would also like to see the settings in PG simplified.. if all of the protected processes are to use the first four black flags, just have that for the default setting without the options. and with the white flags, if it doesn't make any difference if all of the protected processes have all of the white flags checked, then that could be a default setting without the options. also, the little "control panel" that pops up when you highlight a process could be continuously displayed. i think the help files are good, but i would like it stated in them if processes like av's and at's, their active scanners, should have all of the "white flags" checked.. :)

4. redwolfe_98

redwolfe_98 Registered Member

i would like it if PG could be engineered to not have the "close message handling" authentication box activated by splash screens (if you can understand what i am saying), (i know, there shouldn't be splash screens with etrust ez av and kerio 2.15) i have a similar issue with ssm's windows opening and shutting, when ssm ask to allow or block processes..

5. DolfTraanberg

DolfTraanberg Registered Member

I don't think PG "knows" which box wants to be closed
    Dolf

6. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Analysing all the layers of windows that can occur could take a mini calculator working overtime :) Not sure if its viable yet, we dont really want to go that far. The fact that PG CAN protect any window from being shut down should at least deter attackers to bother trying. Here to hoping none ever bother attack our PG protected machines :)

7. gkweb

gkweb Expert Firewall Tester

may be a date for 1.200 version ? :rolleyes:

8. Jason_DiamondCS

Jason_DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

No date for 1.200 yet, still need to iron out SetWindowsHook protection and other niggly things.

The problem with detecting "splash screens" and other windows like it, is then you have the issue of a trojan making a normal window looking like a splash screen and closing it. The Window protection needs to be very very generic to even work at all, the reason for this is the way Windows is coded and how all the programs written for it work.

-Jason-

9. DolfTraanberg

DolfTraanberg Registered Member

Ok here another one:
    Will it be possible to have a learning mode in PG, e.g. when PG logs another block, a pop-up will show asking to permit this action, avoiding the need to manual change the configuration?
    Dolf

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.