Wishful Thinking

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by camper913, Dec 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. camper913

camper913 Registered Member

I'm asking this question knowing full well I won't get a good answer. I have been trying to do a few backups with paid version Home Backup 10. I have only been able to do one that backed up and I ran them thru the verify part without any errors or "it may not be any good" saying. I just did one on a system I just restored and got the last saying, "it may not be any good" but I ran it thru the veryify part and it did not give me any errors and said I have a bootable disk. I know I will get replys that will say, did you try to restore from them, which my answer is, if I try that and it failes then I will have to restore again, which defets this program. This program shoul be able to backup your system errors and all. If it has errors then you will have errors again after the restore. There ar just too many programs out there that do not work, but take your money. Sorry, I just need to let off steam.

Thanks

2. Paragon_MA

Paragon_MA Paragon Moderator

Depends on what error you have. If the error is on HDD surface like bad sectors that could not be read by any software - then no chance B&R10 can do this.
    If you have totally corrupt file system then there is no good in taking backup of such system. Restore will leave you with the same screwed up system.
    If you have errors that Microsoft CHKDSK is not able to fix then use sector per sector backup or cloning feature of B&R10 to take exact image of the sector bitmap.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.