WiseCleaner

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Tony, Apr 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tony

Tony Registered Member

Has anyone any experience of this registry cleaner?
    http://www.wisecleaner.com/index.html

I have just installed and it has found 277 safe items to clean and 8 not fully safe to fix, this was after a scan with CCleaner.

I am no computer expert so i am not deleting them as i cannot be certain that they really are safe.

From reading around , WiseCleaner does seem to get some good reviews.

What do the experts at Wilders think.

There is also Wise Disk Cleaner
    http://www.wisecleaner.com/wdcfeatures.html
    That seems to do a deeper scan than CCleaner and finds much more.

Attached Files:

• wc.png
      wc.png
      File size:
      248.2 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2008
  2. n8chavez

n8chavez Registered Member

I have used it before and, if I remember correctly, it has given me problwms in the past. If I were you I woulden't use it. I can tell you what I use and have never had any problems with it. One of the registry cleaners I use it Regseeker (see here) It is very good and has the ability to clean invalid and unused service entries, which I have not found it any other cleaner. However, it is very important to use a good exclude.ini file, such as the one found here.

As always though, always create registry backups of whatever you're cleaning just to be safe.

3. InfinityAz

InfinityAz Registered Member

Tony,

While most of the reviews are pretty good, I and others have had some problems with Wise. You may want to look at Eusing Free Registry Cleaner (generally considered safer and for most, more effective than Wise).

4. Hugger

Hugger Registered Member

I had a few problems with it so I went to Easy Cleaner from Toni Arts.
    Hugger

5. Rico

Rico Registered Member

Hi Tony,

I've used RegSeeker for years & never had a problem until recently. RegSeeker was the last thing I did in Windows & upon reboot, well not even safe mode would work. The only thing that saved my bacon was 'Acronis TI. IMO you should not use any registry cleaners, unless you have a current backup or image that your comfortable with, doing a restore.

Take Care
    Rico

6. Huupi

Huupi Registered Member

Yes take care, the bad thing about RegSeeker is its registry cleaning function,way too aggressive.But its search function is unbeatable !

If i uninstall a program with Revo and i will completely rid of any leftovers[i think its not needed] then RS will find these.

7. Tony

Tony Registered Member

Thanks for the replies :thumb:

I do regular back ups with Seagate disk wizard, better to be safe than sorry.

As people here who know better than me have had problems with registry cleaners, then i think i will leave them alone and maybe just stick with a non aggressive solution like CCleaner.

8. Huupi

Huupi Registered Member

Registry cleaners are overrated and do not much good.
    Many experts claim they are not needed and their impact on performance is close to zero.

9. MikeNAS

MikeNAS Registered Member

10. HAN

HAN Registered Member

I pretty much agree with Huupi. :)

My feeling is that one should only use a registry cleaner as a last resort before a fresh install. Has there ever been any truly objective tests performed on registry cleaners? The accolades I see are either subjective ones from users or ads from the cleaner creators. Even Microsoft pulled their's several years ago...

All this said, I have tested some auto cleaners. All I can say is be very careful when using one. Make sure it can create and restore any changes it makes. And of the cleaners I've looked at, RegSeeker is very aggresive. Use it with extreme care!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.