WIP - RegTest v1.200

Discussion in 'Ghost Security Suite (GSS)' started by Jason_R0, Mar 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jason_R0

Jason_R0 Developer

2. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

Nice Jason, would it be possible to close the gui just like Processguard?
    clicking the X and therefor RD will go to the systray?

Thanx

3. Jason_R0

Jason_R0 Developer

Yeah I don't know about that... I got *A LOT* of emails regarding that feature, people thinking it was closed when it wasn't etc. If you minimize it, it hides to the taskbar. So you still can do the same thing.

4. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

yes I know :) doesn't matter at the end, X would close the program (like it's supposed to be) while _ would minimise it (again like it is supposed to be) :)

love the new skin ;)

5. Paranoid2000

Paranoid2000 Registered Member

Hmm...3 updates in less than a month. Someone's been a busy boy. :)

On a more general note, I would see themes as being rather a redundant feature since there is software (like WindowBlinds) that provides this capability on a system-wide basis - programs that do their own thing here almost always end up incompatible with such solutions, making them stick out like a sore thumb (especially when you have several onscreen at once). Using "standard" Windows UI components (or at least having them as an option) is better for those of us who like co-ordinated desktops. :)

Given that PG3 has dropped themes (and looks much better for it IMHO), why not just copy its UI instead? I doubt DiamondCS will object too much. ;)

6. Jason_R0

Jason_R0 Developer

Most people don't have such programs, and something different than usual in a screenshot helps draw attention, so it's important to have some difference. Sometimes custom designed GUI helps with confusing reverse engineers for longer periods of time too. :)

7. gottadoit

gottadoit Security Expert

I didn't see the resize handles on the 3 boxes....
    At least some of the time some of the people will want to be able to move things about and make them bigger....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.