[Winzip 15.5] Anyone using it?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by m00nbl00d, Oct 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

Apparently, when both Winzip and PowerArchiver trial period ends, you still get to use them, at the image of WinRAR, judging by what user trparky mentions over DSL Reports forum. I believe that's what he/she meant, when saying free version.

-http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r26703922-WinRar-Replacement-

2. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

Followed that link and the poster seems to want to replace WinRAR because they feel it is old. It is constantly updated and has supported multiple cores for some time. Plus they still honor the lifetime licenses they have always sold, unlike Corel which no longer did when they bought out WinZip. PowerArchiver also still has lifetime licenses for personal use. I see no reason to replace WinRAR myself because it isn't costing me anything to keep using it. The interface hasn't changed much in ever, but it really hasn't needed to.

As far as continuing to use these products after the trial, I have not tried to do so recently but I know in the past though they continue to extract they no longer allow you to compress. :ouch:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.