WinXP SP1 SPA

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by puff-m-d, Sep 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

MS to intro product key check in WinXP SP1 WPA....

Read more about it here.....

http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/4/26812.html

Regards,
    Kent

2. root

root Registered Member

I already know three different ways to get around M$s feeble attempts to "raise the bar" for crackers.
    All M$ has done with it's XP activation plan is inconvenience legitimate owners.

3. Checkout

Checkout Security Rhinoceros

Bearing in mind the plans M$ has for Windows XP (and subsequent mutations) who the hell wants to add "fixes" when those "fixes" introduce DRM and other soulless concepts?

4. Mike_Healan

Mike_Healan Registered Member

I'm confused. Does that mean you can just NOT install sp1 and continue with windowsupdates? Or is M$ going to refuse access to windowsupdates if you don't install sp1?

I have dialup over lines owned by the most incompetant telelphone company in America. It would take me 2 or 3 full nights of downloading (which I'm not going to do) to get it and I'm certainly not paying them to ship me a cd.

5. puff-m-d

Mike,

Sorry to say, but if that is not what they are implementing first, MS surely looks like it is heading in that direction. If I am understanding it correctly, MS plans to have this key checking implemented fully into windows update. They may not go all the way at first, but knowing MS that is where they will end up. Again, this is just my opinion from what I have read on it.

Regards,
    Kent

6. JacK

JacK Registered Member

7. puff-m-d

Thanks Jack,

Interesting page .....

Regards,
    Kent

8. root

root Registered Member

Welcome to the Windows XP Professional, Home Edition 6in1 Super CD (SP1 Integrated, English Version)

This is a multi-bootable Windows XP SP1 Integrated Super CD which put 6 different English versions of Windows XP Professional and Home Edition together into one single CD. Other than multi-bootable, the CD is equipped with an Autorun CD-Menu to make it more user-friendly under win32 environment. There is a Tools Folder which contains useful tools, and utilities to be used with the Windows XP.

Features:

Windows XP Professional, Home Edition 6in1 CD with SP1 Integrated:

Primary Windows XP Professional Edition, MSDN Volume License Version, i386 folder located under \
    Alternate Windows XP Home Edition, Corporate Volume License Version, i386 folder located under \WXHVOL
    Alternate Windows XP Professional Edition, Retail Version, i386 folder located under \WXPFPP
    Alternate Windows XP Home Edition Edition, Retail Version, i386 folder located under \WXHFPP
    Alternate Windows XP Professional Edition, OEM-DELL Version, i386 folder located under \WXPOEM
    Alternate Windows XP Home Edition, OEM Version, i386 folder located under \WXHOEM

Just an example of whats out there. Slipstreaming can do wonders.
    Please don't ask for the addy. :)

9. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

I don't really see the use for this war - I will always buy a legal licensed copy of software - and will abide by the license agreement. The people who try to "casually" install one copy of Windows on two pcs will not be able to (because of product activation - good for that use, no doubt).

Waging a full scale war is doing Microsoft no good - the software pirates that will always download an illegal copy of the software will continue to do so, no matter how much of this "product activation" technology Microsoft adds (or whatever other technology Microsoft cooks up).

What MS NEEDS to do is start releasing Service Packs that close up the wealth of holes in Internet Explorer, let alone the operating system. :rolleyes: Then they can figure out the next "big thing" that prevents pirates from stealing copies of Windows.

-Javacool

10. Mr.Blaze

Mr.Blaze The Newbie Welcome Wagon

lol what are you talking about lol havn't you heard pirating is dead there are no more real crackers there all perty much retired and went legit or in jail.

the other day i watched count them 50 im not kiding 50 sites go dowen.

if you dont belive me go in to google.com and do a search you will find a bunch of this page no longher exsist or this site is for sale lycole ect ect or error.

most computer users dont even know what nortion is or security applications you expect them to know how to pirate lol.

im sorry im finding this to funny there to much spending time worrying about a few groups of piraters when they should be fixing there software lol

just an excuse for them to spend time on something else other then fixing the security leaks in xp lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.