WinXP sign on page

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by jerrico74, Aug 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jerrico74

jerrico74 Registered Member

hello everyone, please is there a easy way to change my winxp logon page backroung from the blah blue Log On to Windows backround User name: _____________
    Password: _____________

where i can add / HAVE my own picture as the backround

Jerrico74

2. Seer

Seer Registered Member

Hello.

You could try TGTSoft's StyleXP. It's a theme manager, but it has the option for changing the logon screen as well. However, you must have a prepared logon screen ready in required format (.exe or .logonxp). Logons are Windows resources, which means that logon screens are embedded in windows system dlls. If you want to put your own picture as a logon, you should use ResHacker, a utility able to compile and decompile those dlls. Take a look here, there's a download link on that NeoWin page. Not an easiest task, require quite a lot of work. I tried it once, but gave up due to time-wasting reasons. :D

3. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

4. screamer

screamer Registered Member

Tune-Up Utilities 2007 has this ability

...screamer

Attached Files:

5. jerrico74

Thank You,,, I Appreciate the help, was looking over the links, (looks like tune up{ to be the easiest,I'am still using T.U.2006) but also saw this ,

Modifying the registry can cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall your operating system. We cannot guarantee that problems resulting from modifications to the registry can be solved. Use the information provided at your own risk.

6. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

As long as you make a backup of the registry and carefully follow the instructions, there should be no problem.

7. jerrico74

=====================================================
    Thank you again, Screamer was able to change the boot screen very easily using tuneup 2007, also tried to change the logon screen,,then rebooted-couldn't change bootup screen with tune up,so guess better to leave all alone & as is befor i really mess things up, Thank you again all ,for the help. Jerrico74

8. screamer

screamer Registered Member

Glad it worked out for you jerrico. I use the TuneUp Styler 2 to change the visual themes. Works real well and was a welcome change from the XP UXtheme.

...screamer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.