WinXP OS not detected or able to boot on separate primary partitions on same disk

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by heatz, Jul 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heatz

heatz Registered Member

I want to upgrade my current smaller drive to a larger drive and run several XP OS’s on the same drive. I purchased a new larger drive that I created several primary partitions on it using Acronis Disk Director Suite. I then copied my current XP O/S (from my old smaller drive) onto the first partition of my newer using Acronis Disk Director Suite. I removed the old smaller drive from my computer and placed the new drive in it’s place. The OS selector detected the XP OS and it boots fine no problems, just like the OS on my old drive! Fantastic. Then I loaded a disk image of a previously built XP OS (a nice clean version of XP that was built on the PC several months ago) onto the next primary partition of this new drive. Once built, the OS selector did not detect the new XP OS. I copied this same clean XP OS image to another drive, placed it in the computer and OS selector detected it ok and it was able to boot from either OS's. Seems that I can get several XP OS’s to work if they are on separate drives but not on the same drive in separate partitions. What am I doing wrong? Do I need to build the XP OS’s from scratch in each partition?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Heatz,

Thank you for using Acronis Disk Managing Software

Please try to do the following:
    Boot from bootable CD of Disk Director Suite. Then you should deactivate OS Selector and re-activate it once again.

If it will not work, please create Acronis Report and send it to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread. We will certainly help you with the solution.

Thank you
    --
    Alexander Gladkov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.