Winsonar

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by mortl, Oct 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mortl

mortl Registered Member

Hello everyone! I have a quick question about winsonar... Does anyone know how to disable the alerts? I keep getting an alert about PE Guard saying a new autorun value is detected in the registry. Can someone please help me out here :doubt:

2. MICRO

MICRO Registered Member

I have both running Mortl but don't experience any such alerts - Maybe try
    right clicking the WS sys. tray icon if you have, or LH end of lowest panel in WS face and click 'Learning Mode ON' - Then next time there's an alert you can tell WS that PE is OK.

Then again maybe you can help me in case this is why I don't get any alerts,
    when I open the running WS - along the top it says,
    'System Status:not connected' - any clues what that means ?

HTH.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2009
  3. Fuzzfas

Fuzzfas Registered Member

I haven't run it for long time, but have you tried unticking the checkbox about baloon tips in the options panel?

Anyway, if you ask me, drop Winsonar and for something similar but much better, install Process Guard Free.

Besides, Winsonar is now also abbandonware, so there's no difference in future development either.

http://digilander.libero.it/zancart/default.htm

Process Guard is much more user friendly , does more than Winsonar and also eats less resources (CPU wise).

4. mortl

mortl Registered Member

Thanks fuzzfas i unchecked the box for balloon tips. hopefully this does the job

5. Toby75

Toby75 Registered Member

Actually, if you read the entire page, Winsonar will continue to be developed under FewByte (they even mention a new version coming soon.)

"Thanks to all Winsonar users for their feedback. Winsonar will continue to be developed under FewByte: new version available soon!!"

6. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

around 2 weeks or so:thumb: acording to the developer;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.