WinPE Boot Media - SATA Drivers required?

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by jamoram62, Apr 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jamoram62

jamoram62 Registered Member

I'm intended to build a WinPE booting recovery CD for the Hard Disk Manager 12 Suite on Windows XP SP3.
    I've installed Windows AIK 3.0 and Paragon Boot Media Builder. I've run the media builder but I'm not sure if the standard drivers for SATA drives, USB, etc need to be explicitely injected or they are included by default.

Also, this CD will work with a Win 7 system or a new bootable CD should be built for the latter?

Thank you in advance,

Jesús A. Mora

2. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

Just try the WinPE to see what happens. In any case, you will need to add drivers for USB 3.0 ports, if they exist in the computer.

The CD will work with any computer if it has the necessary drivers and the computer supports Windows 7. A WinPE 3.0 is based on Windows 7 code.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2013
  3. jamoram62

jamoram62 Registered Member

Thank you for your advice and information.

Well, I've tried the recovery CD I've built under WinXP, both with the same system and another system under Win 7 64 bit, and it seems to work fine in every case, though backup time seems a bit longer than expected for the Win XP machine. My concern was related to possible poor performance accessing the HDD if no generic SATA drivers were included, such as in the case of the Linux/DOS boot recovery CD.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.